Saturday, April 20, 2013

First of Many

Hi Everybody!

This is the first post in my blog about my foreign exchange experience in Spain. Since most of you don't know me, here's a little background information:

My name is Samantha Weinhagen and I'm from San Ramon, California (that's about a 45-minute drive from San Francisco). Right now, I'm a soon-to-be fifteen year old freshman at California High School. I have a bunch of siblings and two divorced parents and a stepmom.

I would say that one of the biggest aspects about me is that I'm athletic. It's April, so I'm in the middle of my track season, where I throw shotput and discus, because I am definitely not a runner. I also play water polo (for those of you who don't know what that is, it's like a mixture of swimming and rugby) and was JV captain last season. I've played hockey, baseball, gymnastics, tennis, basketball, soccer, and probably a few others. So yeah, I'd say I'm kind of into sports.

This might be a little weird, but I also like math. Just not geometry. Thankfully, Spanish is a strong point for me.

Besides school, I'm into scuba diving, bouldering, drama and acting, reading, watching tv, my dog, Jack, and hanging out with my friends, to name a few. My friends say I'm loud and very outgoing. I'll find something to talk about with almost everyone. I like to think I'm funny.

Okay, so now about Spain. A couple of months ago I applied and got accepted. I'm going for my sophomore year of high school during 2013 and 2014. I haven't gotten my host family or placement yet, but I'm not worried because a lot of people get theirs in the summer. I just hope I get mine sooner because I'm dying to know where I'm going to be. I'll leave in September (about the 6th, I think) and come back next year in late June.

Until next time, thanks for reading!

Adios,
Sam


No comments:

Post a Comment