Sunday, June 30, 2013

A Quick Update

Hello everyone.

Because part of the purpose of this blog is to record events that occur in my AFS journey, I thought I'd make a post about the departure dates.

AFS emailed all the US to Spain-ees (and actually probably Italy, France, and a bunch of other European countries too) to give us our travel notifications and itinerary. I probably got more excited than was normal about getting my plane ticket. It really put things in focus. Now I have a set date and time of when my current life will hit pause and my new life will hit play. It also makes me feel rushed about getting everything done in the two months between now and then.

I, along with all the other America-Spain and whatnot AFSers, have to be in New York by four o'clock in the afternoon on September 4th. Today is June 30th. That gives me two months and four days, 66 days in total, to get everything ready and all my goodbyes professed. I'll spend the night at orientation in New York, then on September 5th, we'll be flying overnight into Zurich, Switzerland, landing at about eight in the morning September 6th. From there we have about a four hour layover and then we're off to Madrid! Once we're in Madrid, we'll have our arrival orientation and then on the 7th or the 8th or the 9th, I'm not sure, we'll meet our host families! Then our host families will take us home, and our crazy Spanish lives will begin.






Since I haven't uploaded a picture of Spain in a while, here's one of Madrid!



And to think I'll be there in just over 66 days. :)

Adios,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment